Ben Thanh – Norfolk Hotel Company Limited (hereafter referred to collectively “Norfolk Hotel”, “us’,” our” or “we”) owns and controls this website. We recognise that protecting the privacy of our customers (hereafter referred to as “customer”, “guest”, “you”) and their Personal Information (hereafter referred to collectively as “Personal Information”) is the basis of Norfolk Hotel’s business and one of Norfolk Hotel’s social responsibilities.
Norfolk Hotel uses Personal Information in order to deliver a high level of customer service, throughout the customer journey. As part of that undertaking, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the Personal Information that we gather.
As one of our customers, it is important that you understand and agree that we may collect, use, and share your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
2. What does Norfolk Hotel do?
Norfolk Hotel, which provides hospitality services under “Norfolk Hotel”, “Corso Steakhouse & Bar”, “Norfolk Spa” brands and “Norfolk Group Privilege Club” loyalty program, is comprised of a family of companies (collectively referred to as “Norfolk Hotel”, “we”, “our” or “us”), which owns hotel.thenorfolkgroup.com site and www.norfolkhotel.com.vn (the “Website”).
5. Why do we collect personal data?
5.1. Collecting Personal Information
In pursuance of providing services to you, we may need to collect Personal Information. When obtaining Personal Information, for the purpose to serve your specific request, only the necessary information is collected.
5.2. How information is collected
Personal Information is obtained by the following means during your transactions with us, related to our facilities or products (such as accommodation, events, bar/restaurant facilities, the provision/sales of amenities, services) and other transactions (referred to hereafter as “transactions”).
- Directly from the customer: by telephone, in writing, from business cards, verbally, or over the Internet.
- From a person duly authorised by the customer: such persons may include those making a reservation on behalf of a customer or to introduce a customer, travel agencies, and package tour companies.
- From published information: newspapers, Internet, telephone books, publications, and other written materials.
5.3. Types of Personal Information collected
The Personal Information collected by us may include the following information: name, place of work, home/work address, credit card details, email address, telephone number, fax number, date of birth, gender, requirements regarding guest rooms, leisure activities, and other services that require relevant information to fulfill any special requirements.
5.4. Right to refuse
At all times, the customer has the right to choose whether to provide Personal Information to Norfolk Hotel. However, if a customer refuses to provide Personal Information required for certain type of service, such as name or contact information, it may not be possible for us to provide the full service as requested by customer, such as making reservation.
6. How do we use your Personal Information?
Any information you choose to provide may be collected by us in order to process your request and send you reply. Required and optional information is clearly presented on the form we give you.
6.2. Data collection
6.2.1. Data you provide voluntarily
In order to make a reservation, book a meeting, purchase our services or subscribe to e-marketing letter, we ask you to provide information voluntarily.
6.2.2. Data we collect automatically
6.2.3. Data from third party sources
In order to process your booking or request, we may receive Personal Information from third parties (including travel agents, tour operators, OTAs, meeting planners…). These third parties either have your consent or are legally permitted.
Cookies may be collected from you through our internet servers and your use of “cookies” on your device. Both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies can be used by us on the Website.
Session cookies will be used to keep track of you whilst you navigate the Website. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies enable our Website to recognise you when you visit. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Norfolk Hotel uses “Google Analytics” to analyse and generate statistical and other information about Website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to the Website is used to create reports about the use of the Website.
If you do not want information collected using cookies, please enable your device to disable this feature. You should note that some cookies may be necessary to provide you with some features offered on the Website, so any deletion of them may adversely impact how the Website functions to you.
Norfolk Hotel will explicitly state on the Website when Personal Information is required to be collected. However, subject to applicable laws, Norfolk Hotel may collect, use and share your information with certain third parties to fulfill your request and provide you services.
7. Provision to third parties and joint use of Personal Information
Norfolk Hotel does not sell any of your Personal Information.
Third parties are not allowed to use the Personal Information for their own purposes.
Norfolk Hotel may share your Personal Information if required by law, to protect the website or the company, or if our status changes (being operated by a new company).
7.2. Scope and purposes
If Personal Information is shared with third parties for the purpose of joint use, the joint use relates to the following:
- Direct marketing: We will send direct marketing via the postal service and by email.
- Booking online: In order to process an order, payment details are taken, and contact information collected, such as name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Your best interest: Processing your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
- Analytics: To process your Personal Information for the purposes of customer analysis, assessment, profiling and direct marketing, on a personalized or aggregated basis, to help us with our activities and to provide you with the most relevant information.
- Research: To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising and to develop our products, services, systems and relationships with you.
- Due diligence: We may need to conduct investigations on potential customers and business partners to determine if those companies and individuals have been involved or convicted of offences such as fraud, bribery and corruption.
We also rely on consent for lawful processing where we have no legitimate interest.
An example of this may be when you sign up to receiving marketing activities through our website. Every marketing email we send gives you the opportunity to withdraw consent by unsubscribing.
We do not pass on information gained from your engagement with us without your consent. However, we may share your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request.
8. Booking engines: ROIBACK
Your reservations at our Norfolk Hotel is handled by a third-party vendor namely ROIBACK.
9. Legal basis
We will ask for your consent when we collect Personal Information to process a contract or a request from you. We will advise you which part of your Personal Information is mandatory and which part is optional.
10. Retention Policy
We will keep your Personal Information for the duration of your contract. In the event we have none-ongoing transaction with you we may retain your Personal Information for five (05) years to meet any legal obligations. After five (05) years, we will delete it completely.
11. Your rights as a data subject
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
12. Security of Information
We take security of your Personal Information seriously by using technology and system appropriate to the risk. However, we cannot guarantee that the information on the internet is fully secured nor will it be on our own system.
13. Age Consent of Website User
Norfolk Hotel does not collect any Personal Information from children under 18 years of age. If we know that we collected it, we will delete the information immediately.
Please contact us using the below information if you have any queries.
15. Norfolk Hotel information center
Ben Thanh – Norfolk Hotel Company Limited
117 Le Thanh Ton Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 700000
Telephone: (+84 28) 3829 5368
Email: [email protected]